Ah, gun nuts… Everything with these people is guns. You see it with these open carry lunatics where they apparently feel the need to carry some kind of firearm with them 24 hours a day. Not only that, they want it strapped to them in full display of the public. Because nothing says “I’m sane” quite like believing that you need an AR-15 strapped to your back while you order a burger at a local fast food restaurant.
It’s just absurd. But these open carry clowns honestly aren’t about self defense and “the Second Amendment” – it’s about inadequacy and “looking tough.” That’s why they stage events to show off their guns. It’s not about being out somewhere that you feel you might need protection. It’s all about telling the public, “F*ck you, I’m carrying this big gun wherever I want!” The way I look at it, although I’m not licensed as a medical practitioner, I just don’t see these people as mentally stable. If they really believe that life is so terrifying that they need a semi-automatic weapon with them wherever they go – that’s mental illness as far as I’m concerned. If you believe that strapping a rifle to your back to shop at your local Walmart is a “necessity,”
Here are 10 signs that I believe prove that someone is too mentally ill to own guns. Again, this isn’t meant to be viewed as any sort of “official” guide to mental illness and I am not a doctor. This is just my own personal opinion on the matter, so keep that in mind.
1) They believe that guns should be openly displayed in public – everywhere.
2) They hoard guns in anticipation of a possible overthrow of our federal government.
3) Even the slightest mention of a new gun regulation sends them into a paranoid rant about gun confiscation, bringing about references to Nazi Germany.
4) They honestly believe that the federal government can be overthrown.
5) Their answer to any kind of dispute between the government and a citizen is to show up in armed groups because they don’t like how a court ruled on a particular issue.
6) They’ve frequently rush out to buy guns an ammo in anticipation of some form of government ban on weapons that never – ever happens.
7) They honestly believe that easy access to guns has nothing to do with gun violence.
8) They believe that anytime they feel threatened, shooting anything that they feel threatened by is the first answer.
9) They own nearly a full wardrobe of shirts or hats depicting gun manufacturers or NRA logos.
10) They believe that it should be easier to buy a gun than cast a vote.
Check out my earlier post “Gun Nuttery is a Religion” for a nice graphic detailing more gun nut facts.