Comcast has made its move to transfer its Minneapolis cable customers to a new franchise as part of its proposed merger with Time Warner.
Comcast, which holds the sole franchise rights for cable in Minneapolis, has requested to spin-off its rights to a new company called GreatLand Connections, according to a request made to the City.
The move is being taken as a result of the cable giant’s proposed mega-merger with Time Warner. Under the terms of the merger, Comcast will not be allowed to have more than a 30 percent share of the United States’ pay-TV market.
Comcast and Time Warner would own a 67 percent stake in GreatLand Connections in order to dilute its share of the market, but the company will be managed by Missouri-based Charter Communications, which Zacks.com reports will own the remaining 33 percent.
Around 2.5 million customers in the Midwest are expected to transfer to GreatLand.
View original post 150 more words
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. This blog was viewed about 2,400 times in 2014. If it were a cable car, it would take about 40 trips to carry that many people.
As she nears the end of her tenure in Congress, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) reflected back on her adversarial relationship with liberals.
“Well, telling the truth bothers them,” Bachmann said. “They don’t like to have the truth told about them, and that’s really what it is. I didn’t fear the left. I decided to take them on in the arena of ideas by attacking their false premises and their false narratives.”
Bachmann told World Net Daily, which referred to her as a “GOP legend” in the headline (HAHAHA!), that she had become a media target because she had basically outsmarted her liberal foes.
“That’s the best way to defeat them, by the way — defeat them with evidence and defeat them with their false premises, and I did that,” she said.
As Right Wing Watch noted, Bachmann was so noted for her false claims that the chief fact checker for the Associated Press established a “self-imposed Michele Bachmann quota,” and Politifact found the Minnesota Republican had the worst record for accuracy by far of any 2012 presidential candidate.
“I took them on, and their agenda, and I went to the heart of whatever it was they wanted to advance, and tried to take it apart through evidence-based arguments, and they don’t like that,” Bachmann said. “When the left argues, they argue from emotionalism.”
She blamed liberals for driving Republican women away from seeking political office.
“The Republican Party always gets a bad rap because there are not as many women that are in elective office, but it’s a tough business,” Bachmann said. “It is public humiliation, public ridicule, constant criticism when you’re in public office – if you take on the left.”